Sunday, March 14, 2010

Birthday Party Decorations

Andrew is really into Sesame Street right now, so we decided to go with that as the theme for his 2nd birthday party. And with all of our family and friends, we weren't sure how well a party would work at our house. We rented the neighborhood clubhouse to celebrate--here are pictures of how we decorated... I was pretty happy with the way everything turned out. I made all the signs, and the characters on the gate. The cake was quite the project too, and I was so thankful it turned out well!

This was the view as you walked in the front door.


The room to the right as you walked in. We had a tv, with a slideshow of pictures running during the party.

The room on the left as you walked in... The food was along the back wall,
and you can see all the toys for the kids to play with. The Elmo tent was a HUGE hit!


Every year instead of gifts, we ask that everyone bring toiletries for the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. It is because of that very special place that Andrew is celebrating his 2nd birthday.


The four character cake I made... It took 6 cake mixes and 7 hours to frost, but it was worth it!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the most amazing cake we have ever seen! Over 7 hours of work and how much time to destroy it? Still stunned,
Gaston and Lynn

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! It looks great, Alicia! You did an amazing job! And I shouldn't expect one ounce less of you. :) Happy Birthday, Andrew!